Based largely on its predecessor, the AKG C3000 – one of the world’s most popular and best-selling studio condensor microphones, the C3000B features a redesigned 1” gold-coated 6-micron mylar capsule meant to approximate more expensive designs using modern manufacturing techniques to create an affordable economy of scale.
Due to its large surface area and special capsule tuning, the C3000B transducer produces smooth, reliable results across the sonic spectra. Another improvement over the original, the C3000B offers a switchable -10dB preattenuation pad immediately following the transducer in the signal path, increasing the C3000B's SPL handling capability by a true 10dB – resulting in a whopping 150dB SPL before clipping.
An acoustically-optimized cardioid polar pattern gives the C3000B a reliable, well-defined rejection area, making it an excellent choice for both recording and live sound applications where high gain before feedback is important.
Requires phantom power.
· Outstanding mic for vocals and instruments onstage or in the studio
· Newly-designed 1" diaphragm delivers high-end performance
· Switchable pad accommodates loud instruments and amps
· Gold-coated capsule
· Rugged enough to take touring
· Usable in sound fields as high as 150dB
· 20Hz-20kHz frequency range
· -10dB switchable preattenuation
· 6dB low-frequency cut
· Integrated windscreen
· Includes shockmount and hard case
· Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
· Frequency range 20Hz-20kHz
· Sensitivity 25 mV/Pa (-32dBV)
· Max. SPL 140/150dB
· Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3) 25dB
· Equivalent noise level 14dBA
· Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 80dB
· Preattenuation pad 10dB, switchable
· Bass filter 6dB/octave below 500Hz
· Impedance 200 ohms
· Recommended load impedance >1000 ohms
· Supply voltage 9 to 52 volts phantom power
· Current consumption 1000 ohms
Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596
Current consumption: <2 mA
Connector: 3-pin XLR
Finish: silver gray
Dimensions: 53 dia. x 162 mm / 2.1 dia. x 6.4 in.
Net weight: 320 g / 11.3 oz.
Shipping weight: 950 g / 2.1 lbs.