The Furman PS-8 Power Sequencer is useful whenever various kinds of equipment must be powered on or off in groups, rather than all simultaneously. In audio systems, sequenced powering is often preferable, allowing turn-on transients from low level amplifiers and processors to settle down before any power amps are turned on; as simultaneous power-up would result in a loud, annoying, and potentially destructive “pop” reaching the speakers.
In large systems whose components present an inductive load to the AC line (including electric motors, power supplies, and power amplifiers of all kinds), sequenced powering can avoid damaging inrush currents that cause circuit breakers to trip even though the steady-state currents are not excessive.
Using the PS-8 is a simple and inexpensive way to apply and remove power in a controlled, repeatable, foolproof 3-step sequence. It is ideal when large installations must be switched by inexperienced personnel or volunteers.
• Advanced Level Power Conditioning
• Power-up in three delayed outlet groups
• Power-down reverses sequence
• Triple-mode varistor spike and surge suppression
• RFI filtering with multi-stage EMI/RFI filter
• Power Status LED’s indicate which outlets have power
• Mains Wiring indicators monitor wiring integrity, show
• Normal and five kinds of faults
• Rated 15 amps
• Remote option allows turn-on/off at a distance by connecting a switch (and LED if desired)
• Multiple units may be daisy-chained using PS-REL relay
• Three unswitched outlets (one front, two rear)
• Circuit breaker
• Maximum Load: 15 amps (1800 watts at 120 VAC)
• Input Voltage Range: 85 to 135 VAC;
• Mains Wiring analyzer: Detects 1 normal mode and 5 fault modes
• Delay Interval: 5 seconds (adjustable with internal trimpot)
• Remote Switch
o Screw terminals, 3 for switch, 1 additional for optional LED
o (22 ga. wiring minimum).
• Spike Protection Modes:
o Line to neutral,
o Neutral to ground,
o Line to ground
• Spike Clamping Voltage: TVSS rating 400V peak, L-N, N-G, L-G
• Response time: 1 nanosecond
• Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 amps (8 x 20 ms pulse)
• Maximum Spike Energy: 80 joules per mode, 240 joules total protection
• Noise Attenuation: 20 dB at 200 kHz, rising to >40 dB, 1 to 100 MHz
* 1.75" H x 19" W x 8" D.
* Weight: 6 lbs (2.7 kg).
* Steel chassis, zinc chromate plating;
* .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel;
* 3 oz. copper double-sided glass epoxy printed circuit board
• Power Consumption:
o Switch off: 6 watts
o Switch on: 8.5 watts
• Safety Agency Approvals:
o CE listed.